Saturday, December 3, 2011

WWE '12 Hot Topic: Online and Community Creations

Hey everyone,

Back again with my weekend blog, like I mentioned in my last Universe update on Thursday from this weekend going forward, I was going to write about non-Universe related WWE '12 topics on the weekends going forward.

I figured, what better topic to start off with than the current online situation, or more importantly...Community Creations.

Now I, like all of you love to go browsing through Community Creations. Downloading other peoples characters and stories, and this year custom rings. But after the launch of the game something terrible happened. The online portion of this game took a major hit and Community Creations has suffered from it tremendously since launch.

Now while I've been able to download a handful of superstars and rings since the game has released, it doesn't excuse the fact that the online was not better prepared for the launch of this game.

While on the one hand. Online matches work GREAT! Probably the best I've seen them work since 2009. I absolutely am having a blast getting together with my friends and throwing down online every night after I get out of work.

The other side of the coin is, that it's gotten to the point where the game will tell a friend of mine that they have successfully uploaded a character and when I go to download it, its no where to be found. That's just unacceptable to me.

We all know THQ is working on the fix to this problem, and if you don't believe that then I don't know what to tell you...because its the truth.

THQ has had a team working around the clock since the launch of this game to try and improve the online experience for WWE '12. And while there has been SOME improvement. Mainly on the match making side, the Community Creations remain spotty at best.

So what do we do at this point? Well...simply put, we wait. And while we wait instead of bitching and moaning about things not working and cursing THQ and their employees, how about we actually try and help out?

Establish communication with them, speak in a civilized manner and let them know of the problems you're experiencing. This isn't going to fix itself over night. As Marcus has stated online already, he believes there is a glitch in the coding of the online that is causing it to behave this way. That's not just something that you can repair with a snap of your fingers and move on like nothing has ever happened. If it were that simple, THQ would have taken care of this problem on launch day.

I know you all are frustrated, so am I. But at the end of the day...the game is a blast to play this year and the online matches I'm having with my friends are the best I've had in years.

Community Creations will be working soon, but for now...Lets enjoy the other parts of WWE '12, there's plenty of game to love this year.

Hopefully by this time next week I'll be able to write a blog about how CC has been fixed and everything is back to normal. Maybe then we can talk about other things. We shall see...

Goodnight everyone and see you back here next week for more on my WWE Universe!

These have been the words of the Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment